Would you like to learn more about the history of Cody and Park County?
Do you enjoy books, photographs or antiques?
We have many volunteer opportunities for retirees, students, or anyone looking for an enjoyable and interesting job. No previous experience is necessary. You will get practical hands-on training in these fields. Part-time, short-term, or occasional volunteer projects are possible.
We have convenient hours from 9:00am until 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, in a beautiful setting in the new Park County Library building.
Possible Volunteer Projects:
- Computers: Use our PastPerfect database program to catalog objects; Adobe Photoshop for editing photos, Word to create inventories, and Excel to track and sort.
- Digital Photography: We photograph all our collections and you can learn to use an advanced digital camera, copy stand and studio tent to document museum objects.
- Historical Research: Learn research skills to help document the collections.
- Display Techniques: You can help develop displays and small case exhibits.
- Book Cataloging: Help inventory and catalog our collection of local history books.
- Museum Cataloging: Help document and catalog our collection of antiques relating to local history.
- Photo Cataloging: Help catalog and document our extensive collection of Cody and area photographs.
- Archival cataloging: Learn to organize the papers of people and organizations that helped shape Cody’s history.
Please call us at (307) 527-8530 to discuss your interests.